Saturday, November 19, 2011

Another week of sewing and also cooking raw

In the midst of all the sewing I am finding time to get more involved in eating raw.  I purchased a Vita Mix and a dehydrator this week.  The dehydrator just arrived (now I can make my own kale snacks :))

Still waiting for the arrival of the VitaMix.  Smoothies and dressings should be so much easier to make with a high powered blender.  This week my husband and I both really enjoyed eating brocolli fritters and wild rice with mushrooms.  YUM

Now, on to the latest sewing projects . . .

I made this adorable onesie with a turkey on it and the matching skirt.  I used scraps of courdoroy for the skirt and had to put the nap going crosswise but it came out really cute and my 7 month old grandaughter won't mind :)

This outfit is for one of my other grandaughters.  I purchased the skirt at Walmart for $5 (can't make it for that) and made the holiday onesie to wear with the skirt.  I'm working on a matching set for her big sister.



Mom needed a few more items for the grandchildren of one of her friends so I tried used metallic thread on the snowflakes of the Be Jolly shirt, came out pretty cute although hard to see the sparkle in the picture





I honestly cannot begin to explain the amount of fun I am having and have been having since my sweet husband gave me my sewing machine last Christmas.  I absolutely love making gifts like this to give to my friends and my family.  I get such a sense of accomplishment looking at the finished products and my heart just glows inside when I see any of my creations being worn by the recipient.  I get that same sense of satisfaction with my knitting.  p.s. I am working on a beautiful knit stocking for one of my grandaughters.  I'll post the picture when I am done.

Guess that's enough for today. . .

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the turkey outfit!!!! Does it come in my size? jk!

    ReplyDelete